Terms & Conditions
Any reference to “you” in these Terms includes yourself and any person that accesses or uses the Site and the services we make available via the Site (the “Services”) on your behalf, whether as a guest or a registered user.
Please read these Terms carefully before using our Site. By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms is deemed to occur upon your first use of our Site. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site.
This policy is effective from 6th January 2020.
1.2. If you purchase Services or a Subscription from one of our Sites, our Terms of Business will also apply and are incorporated into these Terms.
2.1. The Sites are owned and operated by Jupiter Aviation Technology Ltd, which is registered in England and Wales under company number 10882062 and has its registered office at Unit 7 Mulberry Place, Pinnell Road, Eltham, London, United Kingdom, SE9 6AR. The Company’s main trading address is 86-90 Paul Street, London, United Kingdom EC2A 4NE.
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time for any changes, as they are binding on you upon your first use of the Site after the changes have been introduced. In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and any previous version(s), the provisions that are current and in effect will prevail (unless it is expressly stated otherwise).
We may update our Sites from time to time, and may change the content and Services at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update them. We do not guarantee that our Sites, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
5.1. We do not guarantee that our Services, our Sites or any content on them will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Sites is permitted on an “as is” temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Sites or Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if either of our Sites are unavailable for any reason at any time or for any period.
5.2. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Sites.
5.3 You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access a Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
6.1. You must be at least 18 years old to use our Sites. Any registration by, use of, or access to a Site by persons under the age of 18 is unauthorised and is in breach of these Terms. In using our Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
6.2. When you choose (or are provided with) a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
6.3. We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
6.4. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account.
6.5. You may close your account at any time by logging into the relevant Site and cancelling via your admin panel.
7.1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved and, subject to the below, you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use content from our Site unless given express written permission to do so by us.
7.2. You may print off one copy and may download extracts of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
7.3. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
7.4. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
7.5. You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
7.6. If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. You agree that you will not use our intellectual property rights in any way other than allowed under these Terms and any infringement by you thereof will be a material breach of these Terms.
7.7. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust, to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
8.1. Software may be made available for you to download in order to help a Site work better. You may only use such software if you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that apply to such software (this is sometimes known as an ‘end user licence agreement’ or ‘EULA’). You will be made aware of any terms and conditions that apply to the software when you try to download it. If you do not accept such terms and conditions, you will not be allowed to download the software. You should read any terms and conditions carefully to protect your own interests (they may contain provisions that set out what your legal rights are under, e.g., the Consumer Rights Act 2015, what your legal responsibilities are when using software, what the software provider’s legal responsibilities are, and provisions that limit a software provider’s legal responsibilities to you).
8.2. Using the software in an unlawful way (such as reproducing or redistributing it in a way that breaches these Terms and any others that apply to it) is expressly prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties.
9.1. The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Services or information available through the Site (either directly or indirectly) meet your specific requirements.
9.2. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
10.1. Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
10.2. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our Site and Services or the use of or reliance upon our Services or any content included on our Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Services, Site or any content on it, whether express or implied, including any guarantee that our Site will meet your requirements.
10.3. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- 10.3.1. use of, or inability to use, our Site;
- 10.3.2. use of or reliance on our Services or any content displayed on our Site;
- 10.3.3. loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 10.3.4. business interruption;
- 10.3.5. loss of anticipated savings;
- 10.3.6. loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- 10.3.7. any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
10.4. We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, sales or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
10.5. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We accept no responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events or acts of war.
10.6. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under our control. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
10.7. If you purchase Services or a Subscription from a Site, additional limitations and exclusions of liability will apply, which are set out in our Terms of Business and are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
11.1. While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive, or valuable.
12.1. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
12.2. You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. A breach of this provision is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
13.1. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
13.2. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
13.3. You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
13.4. Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
13.5. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
13.6. The website to which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards paragraph set out below (Content Standards).
13.7. If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us at [email protected].
14.1. You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- 14.1.1. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- 14.1.2. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- 14.1.3. For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- 14.1.4. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards described in the next paragraph (Content Standards).
- 14.1.5. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- 14.1.6. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
14.1. You also agree:
- 14.2.1. Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our Site in contravention of these Terms.
- 14.2.2. Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- 126.96.36.199. any part of our Site;
- 188.8.131.52. any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- 184.108.40.206. any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- 220.127.116.11. any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
15.1. These content standards apply to any and all material which you upload or contribute to our Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
15.2. Contributions must:
- 15.2.1. Be accurate (where they state facts).
- 15.2.2. Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- 15.2.3. Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
15.2. Contributions must not:
- 15.3.1. Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- 15.3.2. Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- 15.3.3. Promote sexually explicit material.
- 15.3.4. Promote violence.
- 15.3.5. Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- 15.3.6. Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- 15.3.7. Be likely to deceive any person.
- 15.3.8. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- 15.3.9. Promote any illegal activity.
- 15.3.10. Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- 15.3.11. Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- 15.3.12. Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- 15.3.13. Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- 15.3.14. Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
16.1. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including any of the following actions:
- 16.1.1. Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site (including suspension or termination of your account).
- 16.1.2. Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- 16.1.3. Issue of a warning to you.
- 16.1.4. Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- 16.1.5. Further legal action against you.
- 16.1.6. Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
16.2. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
16.3. You agree to fully reimburse us for all losses (including loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation), costs and expenses arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other act or omission by you in using the Site or by any other person accessing the Site using your personal information with your authority that results in any legal responsibility on our part to any third party.
17.1. Clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. We will not lose our rights under these Terms by reason of any delay by us in enforcing those rights.
17.2. If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
17.3. These Terms, and all incorporated documents referred to herein, constitutes the entire agreement as to your use of and our provision of the Site and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral.
17.4. You acknowledge that, in entering into this agreement, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any incorporated documents referred to herein.
These Terms will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
To contact us, please email us at [email protected].
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may not print or download to a local hard disk extracts for commercial or personal use.
- You may not copy the content to individual third parties for any use.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- You may not share account access, passwords, usernames or any form of login details with other individuals, companies, charities or organisations without explicit consent from SurePilot™.